Monday, April 21, 2014

Going for broke... emotionally bankrupt

If you live in Australia and work a regular job, you must have been enjoying a long weekend from Friday to Monday.  I don't know I enjoy taking a break because not working leaves me with a lot of time to think...  Don't know why but I have been thinking about many unpleasant things which occurred in the last couple of years. 

Today, I find myself forcing myself to leave my home...  to get out for some fresh air.  Thankfully, I did not meet anyone I know when I was out...  Don't want to meet my colleagues because I see them from Monday to Friday usually.  I also am one to compartmentalise -- so colleagues are to be seen from Monday to Friday (having said that, there are exceptions -- I do work on the odd Saturday). 

You can say that this long weekend has led to me breaking my emotional bank.  Such bankruptcy is operationalized by low frustration tolerance, perennially annoyed look, melancholy, lethargy, negative cognitions...  Not depressed...  just emotionally bankrupt.

Note to self:  Maybe I should learn not to go for broke before the start of a long weekend, or any weekend for the matter.  I tend to give it my all especially when I know that the weekend is coming up.  Maybe when I go for broke on Friday, I should anticipate being emotionally bankrupt over the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment