In this part of the world where I happen to live and work, there is train service which understands that there are commuters who really appreciate the downtime while commuting. Thus, there are "silent" carriages where people are meant to keep silent as best as possible. I get it. Sometimes there are just no spots left in the other noisy carriages so people come to the silent ones. The thoughtful and cognisant ones try to speak softly. Others silently type away on their phone communicating using WhatsApp (great app) or other silent mediums. However, there are also people who talk in their normal voice engaging in spirited debates of sorts.
This brings me to a specific group of people who really puzzle me, or maybe it is the designers of their gear that annoy me. I am referring to the people who put on their earphones or headphones listening to music so loud that others within 1.5m or more can hear.
Let me just check if I get this right. Earphones and headphones are meant to restrict the sound to just the users' ears alone. However, they seem to sound like annoying tweeter speakers that emit annoying sounds to nearby disinterested audience. To take things further into the future, I do hope that these people who listen to loud music at the expense to themselves and others do not rely on public health to provide hearing aids etc. My guess is that these people in their comforts of their own home do not soundproof their homes such that their music philanthropy overflows into being the neighbourhood noisy. And even winding down their windows as they drive - again exhibiting their music philanthropy. I do hope that these people who unconsciously are annoying people do change their ways. As for the others who consciously do it, the rest of us civilised ones will just have to tolerate.
I do hope that there is a designer who can design earphones and headphones that fully trap all sounds. This way users and others around will benefit.
No comments:
Post a Comment